I love sharing preservation tips and recipes, and it’s always great to see more folks interested in sustainability and good food. If you’d like to partner with me to host a workshop on canning, pickling, fermentation, or anything else, get in touch!
Visit us on our new site: Threestoryhomestead.com for workshops in 2017!
Preservation Workshop at Whitelock Community Farm
- Wednesday, September 14th, 2016, 5:00-7:00 PM
- Join me at Whitelock Community Farm as they host a Preservation Workshop to teach all about different ways to save seasonal veg! I’ll be demonstrating how to craft kraut and kimchi and speaking about all things fermentation. Other presenters will also cover canning, drying, and quick pickling.
- This workshop is FREE to attend with the option of purchasing canned goods. Check out more details here and RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applesauce Canning Workshop with Baltimore Orchard Project
- Saturday, September 10th, 2016
- With Baltimore Orchard Project’s Orchard Stewards Program at Jonah House. Learn about Canning and Applesauce, great tools for preserving the harvest to combat waste and create added value products to sustain your orchard.
- Monday, August 29th, 6:30 – 8:30 PM
- We’ll cover kombucha science and mythology, tea selection, brewing, bottling, and adding flavors with herbs, spices, and fruit.
- You’ll receive instructions for brewing, your own kombucha mother, and a kombucha tasting flight.
- Suggested donation for this workshop is $5-$20. ALL proceeds will be donated to Nepenthe Homebrew and to benefit their clean up efforts after the recent July flood damage.
- Visit the Facebook event for more information & RSVP.
Canning 101 with Hungry Harvest
- Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 6:00-9:00 PM
- Learn the basics of canning vegetables! If you’ve ever had an excess of veggies and no way to use them, canning will help you save food for later. I’ll be teaching the basics of preparing vegetables, waterbath canning, and meal ideas with canned goods. Each participant will leave with their own can of veggies!
- This workshop is free, and will be held at Hungry Harvest, City Garage, 101 W. Dickman St., Baltimore, MD.
- Read the recipe here!
- July 1, 2016
- Check out Baltimore Orchard Project’s June mulberry harvests around the city here. Help them gather fruit for the people.
Strawberry Jam & Can June 5th
- June 5, 2016 3:00 – 6:00 PM
- Spring and strawberries are here. Join me for an afternoon of strawberry goodness. I will be crafting and canning strawberry jams and pie fillings, freezing strawberries for the year, and will also discuss making fermented strawberry foods like wine, ketchup, and kimchi! You’ll also receive a guide to sourcing strawberries and using preserves throughout the year.
- This workshop is FREE, although you may purchase half-pints of strawberry jam at cost (estimated $3 each).
- View the Facebook event & RSVP